Brunch 1. (noun): a meal that serves as both breakfast and lunch. 2. (verb) to eat brunch: “They brunch at 11:00 on Sunday.
I must say I like brunch (the noun), but I love to brunch (the verb) even more. Saturday and Sunday morning would not be complete without a big group of friends and family and a delicious brunch. Every time we go to brunch I always try to find a new place and think to myself, “I wish I had a Guide to Brunch in Dallas”, so here it is…
1. The Grape- This lower Greenville restaurant serves Sunday brunch starting at 10:30! The variety of options will make it hard to decide but no choice will prove you wrong, wether it be a fried chicken biscuit, “breakfast on a bun” and my personal favorite, the haystack. This spot is very popular so don’t forget to make a reservation, and don’t forget to start your brunch off right with the delicious cinnamon pull-a-parts smothered caramel and pecans.
2808 Greenville Avenue Dallas, TX 75206 214.828.1981
2. Sangria- Although it has been a while since I’ve been, I vividly remember being in awe with how great brunch was at Sangria. You can sit outside on the beautiful patio facing Cole or inside with great live music. Brunch is served from 11AM – 3PM on Saturday and Sunday.
4524 Cole Avenue Dallas, TX 75205 214.520.4863
3. Oddfellows- Pancakes, fried-green tomato sandwich, egg scrambles with about anything you could want put into them. Oddfellows is a great place for a relaxed breakfast/brunch any day of the week. Their menu caters to every preference and will satisfy any craving that you may want. The atmosphere is relaxed, clean, crisp and the people are super friendly. And did I mention there is a bar you can sit at too, so if you feel like having breakfast by yourself one morning Oddfellows is the place to go to just sit back, relax and enjoy some great food accompanied with a great atmosphere.
316 West 7th Street Dallas, TX 75208 214.944.5958
4. Hattie’s- Everytime I go to Hattie’s, I get the same thing, shrimp and grits. Covered in a tabasco sauce, they have the perfect amount of spice in them. This dish never gets old and is the perfect southern brunch option. If you want some fried chicken or shrimp for brunch, Hattie’s is your place! So head on over to the Bishops Arts District and get yah some!! I <3 Hattie’s!
418 North Bishop Avenue Dallas, TX 75208 214.942.7400
5. La Duni- Feeling like adding a little latin flare to your brunch? La Duni will give you that and more with their Argentenian sausage, migas, huevos rancheros and delicious brunch options. For those big meat eaters craving a steak for breakfast, there is a Filete a Caballo- carne asada topped with two sunny side up eggs with a side of roasted potatoes and black beans. and did I mention they hands down have the best chips and salsa in town!
4620 McKinney Avenue Dallas, TX 75205 (214) 520.7300
6. Dream Cafe- When I think of the Dream Cafe, I think of pop-overs filled with ANYTHING. The flaky bread is a perfect side for your eggs, sausage, cheese or any choice of meat or veggie. Dream Cafe is healthy but satisfying, it has options for the veggie lovers and even those wanting a big hearty breakfast. It’s always packed so you know its good, if you haven’t tried it yet you are missing out!
2800 Routh St. #170 Dallas, TX 75201 (214) 954.0486
7. Smoke- This brunch served from 8 AM- 3PM will not disappoint. Want some homemade biscuits and gravy or maybe some Pulled Whole Hogg BBQ Eggs Benedict? Looking for some delicious sides to go with your meal? Maybe some cheese grits will do you some good or some buttermilk dill toast! Hungry yet?Check out Smoke in Oakcliff off of Fort Worth Avenue!
901 Ft. Worth Avenue Dallas, TX 75208 (214) 393.4141
8. Ozonas- Biggest bloody mary bar in Dallas and $10 mimosa pitchers! Ozonas opens at 8, so head over there early, get some eggs, pancakes or anything off of their normal menu. Make your bloody mary exactly how you want it and enjoy!
4615 Greenville Avenue Dallas, TX 75206-5009
9. Penne Pomodoro- A favorite among SMU Students, this italian restaurant has three locations. One in Lakewood, Snider Plaza and Forest and Preston. You can satisfy a craving for some italian with one of their many pasta options or maybe even some eggs, lox and bagel or humus. You decide!
6815 Snider Plaza Dallas, TX (214) 373.9911
11661 Preston Rd, Suite 143 Dallas, TX (214) 368.3100
1924 Abrams Parkway Dallas, TX (214) 826.6075
10. Nick and Sam’s Grill An omelet bar? Yes! Pick all your fillings and they will make it right in front of your eyes! Grown up grilled cheese and roasted tomato soup to satisfy or the captain crunch french toast! French toast and grilled cheese? I don’t think you could ask for a better combination!! YUM!
2816 Fairmount St Dallas, TX 75201 (214) 303.1880
*MORE TO COME*